cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

BobBobbson
New Contributor
New Contributor

Watching a part recorded game from the beginning

I started to record a Man U game at the weekend but got up when it was about half time. The game was recording but it would not let me start watching the recording from the start of the match until the match had actually finished. Is that correct or did I not do something right?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Watching a part recorded game from the beginning

Hey BobBobbson, how did you try to watch the recording? I assume this was through the Yes TV by Fetch gen 2 or Mighty box? They're the only ones with an internal hard-drive to allow recordings of games.

If you go to the Optus Sport channels (113, 980, 981 etc) then will only let you continue with the live broadcast.

To actually watch your recording, you'll need to press "Menu" on the remote then go to "My Stuff" tab then "Recordings". You should be able to see your recordings there and even ones still in progress. You will be able to press "play" on recordings here and view from beginning.

Or are you referring to on-demand replay of the game itself? Those will become available within 2 hours of the live game airing. Press Menu > TV > Optus Sport. 

0 Kudos
BobBobbson
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply. Seems to confirm what I am suspecting from other posts, that is the menu system on Fetch seems much more complicated than other PVR devices. 

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries. It can be a little confusing at first but you'll get used to it eventually. Lots of features on the Yes TV by Fetch boxes and need to cram them all in there somehow 🙂 

0 Kudos
BobBobbson
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Nghi, I did try it the way you suggested and it would not let me watch the part recorded game. I had to wait until the game ended to watch any of it which kind of defeats the purpose as I could just have watched it on On Demand but I really wanted to go back to the start of the game before it ended.

0 Kudos
Jax_K
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the update BobBobbson. We'll pass along your feedback regarding this. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos