Searching...
Highlighted

Watching Optus sport switching from cellular data to wifi issue

[ Edited ]
Kevinw

I can watch Optus sports on my mobile with my cellular data' however when I switch over to my Wi-Fi the videos won't play, my Wi-Fi is not with Optus but by another ISP does anybody have any idea why this is so I've asked this question of Optus but they just seem to say it's an issue with your Wi-Fi however my Wi-Fi works well with Netflix etc.

Re: Watching Optus sport

Ray_YC

That's a bit of a tricky one, I can't replicate the issue with my Optus Sports app (but switching to Optus WiFi).

Too many devices connected to the WiFi? Does the issue remain if you disconnect all other devices?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kevinw

Hi thanks for your reply there is nothing else connected to the Wi-Fi when this happens I'm completely dumbfounded by it.

Ray_YC

When you asked the question to Optus, how was this done? e.g. Did you call, chat or raise a support ticket with Optus Sport?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Watching Optus sport switching from cellular data to wifi issue

Kevinw

It was initially with a live chat with Optus and then I was patched through to the Optus sport technical team which was a phone call w..did several things like deleting the app reinstalling it changing the password changing the email address linked to the account we tried everything and yet it's still only works on cellular and not Wi-Fi there is nothing wrong with my Wi-Fi signal as we watch Netflix on a regular basis.

Ray_YC

Hmm okay to be honest I'm dumbfounded by it too and if the Optus Sport technical team couldn't figure it out at the time either then it sounds like we're not alone. 

All I can really suggest now is can you try it when connected to a different Wifi?

AlanW

I get this too, are you trying to use the optus sport Android app? From my phone I have to turn off WiFi before I can make it past the logo screen when I run the app. I tried even setting the app to use mobile data even whilst WiFi is on but that makes no difference. If I have WiFi off from the start it loads straight away and I can see all the newest content. The weird thing is it works once I'm at the point and I turn WiFi back on to allow me to chrome cast a match, I honestly think it's an Android app issue as I have no problem off the same WiFi using my Apple work phone. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo