Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
michael7
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Watching Optus Sport content uses data in my plan

My plan data appears to be getting used when I watch Optus Sport content on my Prepaid Mobile Broadband plan. After watching live EPL, my plan is docked GB's of data usage.  But the Optus website says it should be pretty much data free.

How can I get it fixed?

From the Optus website:

> Optus Prepaid Mobile and Prepaid Mobile Broadband: Customers who have purchased an Optus Sport subscription can watch live games and on-demand Optus Sport content without using their plan’s data.  App browsing, authentication and analytics as well as advertising, like pre-roll ads however will count towards your plan data because these ads are not delivered in the same way as live and on-demand content. You’ll also need to have a positive MyData/MyAccount balance, including to access the app.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Watching Optus Sport content uses data in my plan

How are you seeing if the data is being docked?

If you are looking at the daily summary of usage then yes it will show up here (cause you used it). But the headline overall usage doesn't include and free data. This is the number you should look at.
0 Kudos
michael7
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter,

I was looking at the "Data - Detailed Usage" list, which adds up to the headline number.

Ok, I'll do a test to make sure I'm looking at the right thing.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

This is a common confusion. Look at the text on the usage screens (it should explain what is being counted)
0 Kudos