cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Ridler
New Contributor

Re: The content is not available for viewing.

Why are we not getting any responses from Optus at all? 

This is a joke. Fix the problem. 

At least acknowledge that there's a fault and you're working on it. 

New Contributor sweb
New Contributor

optus, refund me for premier league that i'm not getting, please

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Lowheader
Occasional Contributor

The problem still unresolved as well as no response from an Optus rep. 

Is this issue just restricted to those that choose to stream ? Where all the usual match/show links sit is a blank screen while I can see two menu selections at the top "Premier League" and "Watch" - neither of these currently do anything.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Lowheader
Occasional Contributor

Well it potentially is working as at 9:14am Sunday morning. These games running late at night Australian time and it is your content you are providing subscribers. Do you not have IT working night shifts ???

Meanwhile viewers wanting "Live" content missed out.

Edited for spelling mostly

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CasualJan
Occasional Contributor

Very disappointing not to see any response at all from any Optus reps.  It is a similar thing on their Facebook page as well.

At the very least acknowledge that there was a problem and apologise for everyone that missed out last night.

Occasional Contributor Webby97
Occasional Contributor

Totally sucked. Sad to come in on Monday and see that there is still no official response from Optus. I'm gonna guess it's a bit like the Foxtel issue with the first episode of GoT this year. "We didn't expect so many users, our streaming capabilities were sorely put to the test and lost". What did Optus expect with offering free EPL to all and sundry?

At least I got to watch the game on Sunday but it's not the same when it's not live.

Funnily I was considering moving my Foxtel to Optus Foxtel and getting the EPL as well but can't see the point if I'm stuck watching replays.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CasualJan
Occasional Contributor

Worst thing was I tried to pick up the Huddersfield v Newcastle game half way through the game last night, and got the same issue.

What's going on, Optus?

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Hi everyone, apologies for the issues with your stream, and delay getting back to you. Our app and web platform were impacted intermittently. Technicians worked as quickly as possible with our third party vendor to restore services, and investigations started immediately to determine the cause and prevent it happening in the future.  We have also ensured to make all of Round 2 weekend matches available on demand. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor jjw
Occasional Contributor

Hi optus...

any update on what casued the following issues yet:

1 - not streaming the service you are charging people to watch.

2 - delay in detecting and correcting the issue

3 - delay in providing any response or update until the close of the game week. 

I took my contract out with Optus specifically for access to Live premier league at added expense to my service. having catch-up availability is not really addressing the issue, nor providing assurance that the issue will not re-occur in coming games week. 

Thanks, 

J

Highlighted
New Contributor shannerz
New Contributor

I bet If the legend that is Michael 'Bridgy' Bridges.......... (Legend hahahahahaha) complained about his treatment of content not loding Optus would rectify this issue. Now I know how Diego Costa feels!!!! this is just modern day slavery I now have to sit here and watch Home and Away omnibus until i go to my F**k A**e job for the Man, who happens to be a F**king LiverS**te fan and cant even sing me a song apart from, You Will Never Wa*k Alone. then he asked me do i know the famous LiverS**te song Forever Blowing Bubbles to which i got angry and nearly fired, as i advised him to never speak to me about football ( YES and it is FOOTBALL!!! nothing else) again.

Anyway the point im making is, It just isnt working please sort this issue as i may have to move back to England just so i can watch the sport i love. Please Optus dont make me do it.

Sincerely Yours 

Shannerz

0 Kudos
Top Contributors