cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Delboy1962
Occasional Contributor

Subtitles

Hi. I've just received and started using my Yes fetch box for EPL and free to air,, my son is hard of hearing so I just wondered how to get the subtitles or CC working 

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Subtitles

Closed captions would depend on the program, but if they are available then you can follow the directions below to access them:

1. While watching a TV channel, press the INFO button twice.

2. From the Electronic Program Guide (EPG), press INFO on a specific program. To access the EPG, press MENU on your remote, then navigate to TV > TV Guide.

3. From the EPG, you can also find the Closed Caption logo by pressing the blue button to access the ‘List View’ option. When a program is Closed Caption enabled, you will see the logo beneath the Program description.

To enable Closed Captions, simply press the ‘TEXT’ button on your Remote Control.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the reply but it didn't help. I can see all the programs have CC but still can't access subtitles. I don't have a TEXT button on my remote.   

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Can I ask how long you've had the Fetch for? My understanding is that the button is above the yellow button if you had one.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shae. I've only had the box 2 days. My remote has the coloured buttons in a vertical line so there is nothing above them. Starting at the bottom is blue, above that is yellow, then green and red is at the top. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hmm I've found a little more info on closed caption TV and how to tell if it's available for the specific program you're trying to watch. Have a look here for more info.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks Hollie, I've seen that. My remote isn't like that. Most all programs are cc these days. I know as my son always has them turned on. Thanks for your reply though. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Ah ha! do you have the Fetch TV mini? If you do, press the 123 button at the top left hand side then that'll light up the buttons and you should see on the button that is normally INFO there will be text lit up above it -  that should do the trick I think 🙂 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Occasional Contributor

Ohh brilliant that worked, sorry I didn't know what I had.  Very cleaver although elusive. 

Thank you very much for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

It is a bit sneaky but at least now you know 🙂 We got there in the end! Appreciate your patience.

Top Contributors