cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Streaming problem when HDMI plugged

Hi Community, How are you? When I try to watch the streaming on a secondary monitor, I am unable to do it. It seems to happen when I plug in the HDMI cable. The streaming works on the laptop. The minute I plug the HDMI, it stops. Does anyone else has the same problem and how it can be solved? Thanks in advance, Stephen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Streaming problem when HDMI plugged

Hi @Istvan, apologies for the hassle. So just to confirm you're trying to watch EPL on two different devices at the same time? If this is then you won't be able to stream two devices at the same time. This is because EPl subscription only allow you to stream on one device at any time. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This should work.

If i am correct you want to watch the stream on a monitor rather than laptop screen ? That should just work depending if you have mirror or extended display options.

I have done this without any problem. And question of 2 devices dont come here as it is still streamed from the browser.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Istvan, What @Teamrangers advised would be the case here. I have a similar set up at home. I have a Mac with a thunderbolt/mini display to HDMI that plugs into my television with no issue. Have you tried with another HDMI cable? Strange that the service seems to cut out completely - does audio continue playing at all? You might need to have a further look at your extended display settings - ensure that the monitor or television has been selected as well as the audio input.

It's also possible that the monitor you're attempting to connect is unable to support content encrypted by HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection). This is a standard put in place to protect against digital video piracy. Dan 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mine works fine.  

For every game I pull my HDMI cable from under the TV, plug it into my p-weak little cheap 11" laptop, change the source on my TV to HDMI  and settle in on the couch.  

Note: I use the microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors