cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Streaming from miPad to tv via Airplay with AppleTV 2nd gen.

HI, when I signed up I was told that I could stream video content and games from the iPad app to my smart tv using Airplay via my 2nd gen. AppleTV. can you please explain in detail how I do this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Streaming from miPad to tv via Airplay with AppleTV 2nd gen.

Please ignore this question. I've just figured it out on the iPad! Sorry for starting a redundant thread.

Tris

Nice one! All working OK? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Lasty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello.please help.! I have the Optus sport app on my iPhone 6. Can I stream from my phone using AirPlay and Apple TV gen 3 to get it on the big screen?? Will it be hd and will it stream properly??

thanks

0 Kudos
Marie

Heya Lasty 🙂 Yep you can certainly use AirPlay with your iPhone and Apple TV gen 3 to watch the EPL on the big screen. HD will be dependant on your internet connection. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dip
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can't figure it out, can you help?

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Dip, your iPhone and Apple TV need to be on the same WiFi network. Have a read through this helpful steps from Apple here. There are also other links on that page if you 're having problems getting it working.

0 Kudos
pasquada
New Contributor
New Contributor

tethering using airplay to your applet tv requires wifi network.

the networks data will be metered! Not the mobile device with Optus data plan featuring free streaming of Netflix or Spotify or EPL. Optus are proporting a deceptive marketing strategy to get consumers on board their new data plans. So free streaming won't exactly be free at all.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors