Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Tukknan1983
Occasional Contributor

Smart share

If I use my mobile to cast my EPL game onto my T.V at home does this use my mobile data or is it still classed as part of my data free usage as part of my plan?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Thane
RetiredModerator

Re: Smart share

Hi Tukknan1983,

Are you able to clarify how you're casting to your TV?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It would be using my home Wi-Fi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey @Tukknan1983 - if you're using your home Wi-Fi- then it'll come out of your Wi-Fi plan. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

So I wont be charged by optus for streaming it without using my mobile data?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

If you're using any EPL streaming on your mobile service, you won't get billed as it's unmetered. If you're using a fixed Wi-Fi connection at home that runs through a non Optus connection then the downloads will come out of your allowance. 

Top Contributors