cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Roddster
Occasional Contributor

Samsung Smart TV app

I see somewhere mention that LG and Samsung Smart Tv's are listed as being able to connect to the Optus EPL app via their own smarttv app ??

Does anyone know this or confirm?

0 Kudos
38 Replies
New Contributor Phare
New Contributor

Re: Samsung Smart TV app

What about Sony Smart TV App and Sony Android Tv 

0 Kudos
New Contributor pctech12au
New Contributor

defintley cannot do this as of yet. Just tried on my samsung tv then with no success. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to know this for Samsung Blue-Ray players as well. I definitely saw Samsung listed somewhere but can't find it now.

It would be much easier than getting the Fetch box.

0 Kudos
New Contributor azza81
New Contributor

I also just checked the Apps availabe for Samsung Smart TV and no Optus App as of yet.
Do you have an ETA for the, Optus?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor danielesp
Occasional Contributor

I also saw this somewhere.. if it's not avaliable for the start of the season you could just log in using the browser of your smart tv and watch through that? Not ideal but easier than buying a mini fetch 

Occasional Contributor Roddster
Occasional Contributor

100% sure it was at the bottom right on one of the pages within the EPL website, it only listed Samsung and LG wheather it was for apps or via the web browser on these tv's i cant recall.

I tried using my web browser on my Samsung Smart TV yesterday, i could go to the EPL Page, login and all but then when i clicked onto view clips it woundnt load. I dont understand why this option cant work. If im a subscriber and pay or eligable for the free season surely it shouldnt matter what type of browser or app i use.

Will try via PS4 browser tonight.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I also can't watch the vids on my samsung tv but can log in and browse the site fine..

I think this is just because the vids are too big and the browser can't load them... I've streamed live stufff through the tv browser before so hopeful when it comes to live games you should be able to stream them..

I'm just guessing though maybe you really do need a mini fetch 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Heya Guys!

At this point in time the Optus Sports App isn't available via SmartTV's but we are always working on different ways to provide our customers with access to the content they want to watch. I would recommend considering a Fetch TV mini or the Yes TV by Optus STB to make sure you're able to view all the content 🙂 

You can sign up here

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Why would you have it on your website then?

This whole thing is pretty farcical

Top Contributors