Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor azza81
New Contributor

Re: Samsung Smart TV app

^^I have to agree.

Here we are in 2016 and you claim to have a Smart TV app and yet you dont? We are talking about the best most exciting league in Europe and we are 1 month away from kickoff.

Foxtel have an app.

I suggest getting your developers to work some OT. 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Pathetic! You advertise having a Samsung app but actually don't. You tell me I can access for free but now I need to pay extra to hire a stupid box I shouldn't need.

RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Sorry for all the confusion guys. You can find a list of all compatible devices and web browsers here. Once you have a an EPL login then you can stream it over all our channels like phone/tablet App and website. If you had a newer Gen 4 Apple TV, then you can stream it to your TV without getting our Yes TV by Fetch box. Our IT team are working overtime now supporting our push towards August kick-off. After we launch then we'll look to expand the available platforms further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The link you provided it’s typically vague, hence people’s frustrations and confusion. The fact that Optus keeps changing things is also causing the same problems for customers.

My experience So far:

1. Told that I would receive free access due to my expensive phone plan.
2. This included access bus my phone.
3.  Also clearly mentioned a Samsung app.

What had actually happened:

1. I sign up.
2. No access via phone as I have Windows Phone. It was supplied by Optus, so why no app?
3. No Samsung app even though there is still information on the Optus website to suggest it is available (as of yesterday anyway).

Therefore my only options are to get a new phone, essentially rent a Fetch box I shouldn't need, or choose to go without and hoping things will change in the future.

Optus had many months to get things ready and only now staff are running around getting things tweaked.
Really poor service.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just thought I would say it one more time - really poor from Optus

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey mikeyjames2, I can understand why you're frustrated with the situation. The EPL subscription is tied to the plan and not your phone. You can still watch EPL content for free through our dedicated website or our iPhone/tablet Apps for Android or iOS. If you wanted to view EPL on your TV then we do have our Yes TV by Fetch boxes or Apple TV App. We've passed along your feedback about expanding the platforms we support.

0 Kudos
New Contributor azza81
New Contributor

Thanks for the update Mod, just one thing.... I logged into the browser option AND it seems the embedded engine is Microsoft Silverlight!?!? (Happy to be corrected)
MS have stated to stop using this tech... no wonder some people are finding issues with the website. FYI: HTML5 has really been industry standard now for a year *sigh*
Looking forward to your response for the Samsung TV app.
Let me know if you need any user UAT assistance.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey azza81, thanks for the feedback. I can pass along the HTML5 suggestion as well.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Roddster
Occasional Contributor

So it sounds like there is something in the pipleline, i see on the optus facebook page Alana from optus mentions the smart tv compatable option to come. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor danielesp
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I guess that would make sense, otherwise they wouldn't have put it on the site.. I'll be waiting for it to come our rather than buying a mini fetch.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors