Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Replay Quality is terrible

Sunday morning - trying to watch ManCity vs Sunderland. Buffers every two minutes and becoming impossible to watch. As a test I started to stream  from one of the alternative sites at the same time. The alternative site, whilst the picture is slighly worse there is no buffering issue at all, so obviously an Optus problem rather than a "stream or line" problem. I have Optus set to low quality.

25 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Replay Quality is terrible

Was this through our website or phone/tablet Apps or Yes TV by Fetch boxes? Any error messages at all on the screen or just freezing of the picture? Does this occur for on-demand content as well or just live games?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having similar issues, except my stream buffers and pauses for a second every 4-5 seconds. It's infuriating. I'm connected via Ethernet, I have turned off any other device in the house that is connected to the modem. I have also tried changing my resolution to 576 to see if it would help, it doesn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can't speak for repofmancunia, but my case is regarding  on demand via a fetch mini box 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

WHen you say Ethernet, is that directly into the modem or via Powerline adaptors in between? Can you do speedtests for us here? Just so we can see the bandwidth available for streaming over your connection. Are you on Optus for home broadband or another ISP?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

mine buffers fine but I do think its slightly worse quality than the original and live streams, I think this is deliberate since your likely to fast forward and rewind on demand game, optus may have chosen to lower the quality so that its more responsive and can continue a stream quickly after you have pushed the video 30min forward, thats my theory anyway

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm plugged directly into the router. I'm with iinet, but it has nothing to do with my network speed as live games are ok. ( only ok though, not great and  not even as good a picture as SD foxtel)

I've tried a few different "On Demand" games and they all do the same thing, play 4-5 secs then pause for a sec. Sort this sh1t out 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dear Sir. It happens during the Video on Demand over ADSL on Sunday morning.. There is no error message. Just a freeze of the picture and audio and the Optus Circle of Death.

At 10.55am Sunday morning - the problem seems to have gone away.

The live game last night - it didnt happen - except I had three "error messages" during the furst half on the laptop and had to reset the game. Didnt happen on my tablet during the 2H.

I HOPE IT IS BETTER FOR THE MANU GAME TONIGHT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

A direct Ethernet connection is the mode reliable stream though it is still prone to any drops in internet bandwidth. Have you done any speedtests to check this? Even if your average speeds are ok, any momentary pauses or drop-outs on your connection will impact your live stream. Recommend raising a fault with our EPL team on 1800230158.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Same issues pal, I think I will scrap Optus & stick with Foxtel & MUTV. Its delayed but TBH the way it froze & the poor pic quality I think I would prefer just to wait & watch it in HD. We didnt just spend 100 million on Pogs to him watch a 1980's quality picture 😉  ! I think Optus need to go talk to Foxtel about sharing the  rites . Going to be the best prem season ever & we have to endure  this kind of service . Ridiculous