Searching...

Re: Optus sports app not working on android tv box

[ Edited ]
GiNB

Kosti66

It is all good & well to say what products support the apps, but aren't the Android TV boxes really just the same as an Apple TV box, just using different software? Google Play have the apps, but I gather they are only for Tablets, not media streaming devices!

Hollie

We've passed your feedback on @Kosti66 but at this point in time it's not available on the Android TV boxes. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Jimstama

How much longer do we have to wait to get this on an android tv? Its already been 7 months since the EPL season started and we are still waiting. We are paying customers and we want it the android tv box. This is unacceptable! And please don't give us the standard answer...please advise on a date as to when we see it available on the android tv box? Or at least ask you development team what is their plan...we deserve that as we are paying customers!!!

Otherwise you are going to lose customers...especially me including my other services i have with optus. I am so frustrated watching in my phone...

Aman_B

Hi @Jimstama, I've replied to your other post. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

roysantos

So was there ever any half-competent response to the request for Android TV support, beyond "We are really trying really hard, really, but it's really difficult and really complicated, and we're really not very good"?

GeoffreyL

Long Answer,

NO

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
roysantos

Thought as much, but thanks for the reply!

Bless'em, Optus obviously just aren't very good at making very simple apps available. Even I could develop an Android TV app based on their existing Android app...

They obviously just don't care about their paying customers - unless those customers own iPhones...

Miles_R

Apologies for the delay with this, @roysantos and @GeoffreyL. Development of further apps is still in the pipeline. Hopefully we can release something shortly for you.

Jords7

@Miles_R Anything new to report? I am unable to cast to my new TV with built in Chromecast and Android operating system. Are you able to ask the team if they can look into "Chromecast Built In" on a TCL TV not working or the ability to install the full app through the Play Store? I just get the casting backdrop and then the media error.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo