cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor samlfcynwa
Contributor

Optus sports app not working on android tv box

I can log into the app on my android 4.4.2 tv box but the video is not supported. I stream everything else via this box.

Please allow this to happen?

27 Replies
New Contributor wezman
New Contributor

Re: Optus sports app not working on android tv box

I have the same problem with a MyGica ATV 582 Android box.

The app installs OK from the pl;ay store, but when I try to stream video it says 'a playback error has occured'.

I have tried it on my non Optus ISP and also tethered to my Optus Postpaid and EPL eligible phone plan.  Same error both times.

0 Kudos
Contributor samlfcynwa
Contributor

Im sure they are blocking the app.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey Guys - at this point in time the App is only able to be used on eligible Mobile handsets, some Tablets, Yes TV by Fetch, Fetch TV mini's and Apple TV. We are definitely working on making this available over other platforms and devices in the future but it's not available at the moment.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor wezman
New Contributor

Why are you supporting Apple TV and not an Android equivalent Media Streaming box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

We can certainly pass along your feedback to our development team. We will be expanding the available platforms after launch.

The list of compatible devices/web browsers here.

0 Kudos
New Contributor ozhog54
New Contributor

You've had the rights for some time, no use making services available AFTER the launch. It's needed from day 1.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

I can see your point but we have to start somewhere. If we waited until we had every single platform ready before we launched then we would never release anything. We've only had the rights for less than a year and we've worked hard to have it available on the platforms which will reach the most fans. It takes time to write/test an App and it's impossible to have every single platform ready in time. We'll keep working to expand our offerings moving forward and we appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos
New Contributor ozhog54
New Contributor

Your reply would have credence, except for the fact that with Google Chrome you would have to actively remove the ability to cast to chromecast rather than allow it. At least your reply is a little better than Telstra with the AFL, where they claim "Licensing Issues" as their reason for not allowing Chromecast.

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Sorry to say @ozhog54 but for the moment, we'll have AppleTV and AirPlay online for launch, with other Smart TV's and media players coming online in the future. To watch the stream on TV, you'd need a Fetch TV, an Apple TV or you can hook up a PC via HDMI to your TV and watch via the web portal.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors