Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Verdi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus sport

Just got a new $55 phone with free Optus sport. When I try to watch a game I get promoted to upgrade my subscription to Premium at $14.99 per month. What is the free subscription I have?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: Optus sport

Hi @Verdi, even with Optus Sport included in the plan, customers have to register their email for Optus Sport subscription on the account. It seems your email is not registered and you are logged in as basic subscription.

We can definitely fix this. However we can`t access customers account details here as this is a public forum. As such your best to contact our support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Verdi
New Contributor
New Contributor

thank you Kartika, I have tried the registration process and received an email with an order update and a reference number.  See what happens from here.

The new plan was only 10 days old when the iphone developed a hardware fault and to my disappointment the Optus store would not replace the phone and it has now been with the assessment centre for 3 days.

After being an Optus business customer for 20 years and looked after well by the business people sadly the retail side of Optus has a lot to learn and catching up to do.  Apparently I am told by the obnoxious staff member that franchise stores are exempt from the Australian Consumer Law...a hardware fault on a mobile phone is a major fault. 

Anyway, appreciate your reply hopefully the optus sports is activated before Sunday's Euro Final.   

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Verdi, have you receive an email to confirm Optus Sport has been added to your account and a link to fill in all the details to complete the registration? If not then wait for this email to come through. Once you have completed this you can then login into Optus Sport to start watching the match. 

There are many options for you to watch Optus Sport on. Check out this → page for more details.

With regards to phones we have to follow the → manufactures warranty process. Yes the handset is sent to the service centre for assessment under warranty. Here is more → info.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Verdi
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have Optus sports basic subscription shown. The plan I took out stated Optus Sports Free and the salesperson said I would be able to watch the live matches. Trying to watch a live match I am prompted to the premium subscription of $14.99 per month.  My question is simply this - what is the Optus Sport free content that is promoted with the plan? Is it just the basic package or should it be the premium.      

0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Hi @Verdi, that subscription that comes included with the Optus Plan is a premium subscription so you should be able to access all content there. 

I recommend sending through a Private message to the Official Optus Facebook or Twitter pages, our team can verify the account details and follow this up for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos