Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
HarryFocas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus sport app

Can I download the Optus Sport app onto a Nvidia tv shield pro streaming box? I have an Optus sport subscription.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Optus sport app

Hey @HarryFocus, Optus Sport can run on many platforms including Android TV devices (Android 7 (Nougat or N) or above). I believe the Nvidea Shield TV uses Android TV software, so I recommend checking the software used on your device. 

Have you already tried searching the App Store on your Shield TV box? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

HarryFocas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, I am about to buy a streaming device. Not all devices can download the Optus Sport app, like my current one, probably because it is not google certified. The Fetch box is sold by Optus but I was just trying to find out if the Nvidia Shield tv pro works with the Optus Sport app.
0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Hey @HarryFocas, just doing some research into this and I believe that Nvidia Shield TV Pro should be able to access the Optus Sport app based off this thread, it may depend on the model of that Nvidia that you have, if it was an older version that may not be compatible. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

HarryFocas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, I am about to buy the Nvidia Shield tv pro, so it should be the latest version.
0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Yep that should be all good there @HarryFocas. If you do want to double check that. I recommend checking the software that comes with on that model to ensure that was available.