Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mikeyhenalla
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport on Samsung TV

I bought a new Samsung 55” TU8000 model and streaming the Optus sport mini-matches is terrible. Live games are good, but the picture when the play moves quickly (players and ball) is so blurred and flickers.

Initially I was chromecasting from my phone, but since have downloaded the Optus app but still experiencing the same issues. Is there a way to fix this? Surely must be a common problem
0 Kudos
9 Replies
George_YC

Re: Optus Sport on Samsung TV

Hey @Mikeyhenalla, sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Optus Sport Samsung TV app. 

Have you ensured that your TV has the latest software update?

If you're still needing a hand, I'd suggest reading our Optus Sport In-App support Yes Crowd post to see how you can raise a support ticket for our team to investigate further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Mikeyhenalla
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi George,

Yes confirming my TV has the latest software update. I’ve lodged a ticket online to solve the issue.

Thanks,
Michael
0 Kudos
Mikeyhenalla
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi George,
Was there any development on a fix for this issue? To reiterate, when I chromecast a full replay match, the picture quality is great. The flickering/poor quality is for all the short form content (mini matches, highlights, overnight goals).
Thanks
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Mikeyhenalla, for your Optus Sport issue we will need your Optus Sport account details to investigate further. Since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here. You will have to raise an in app support case by navigating into Menu - 3 horizontal dots (bottom right corner) > Customer Support > Raise an issue as advised by George before for further assistance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Mikeyhenalla
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kartika.

I’ve submitted another request via the Optus sport customer support function in the app
Kartika

You`re welcome @Mikeyhenalla. You will receive updates from the Optus Sport support team there. You can communicate and follow up with them via the app itself.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Mikeyhenalla
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kartika,

I’ve lodged a ticket and been waiting for over a week now unfortunately.

Please can I have someone answer this issue?

Thanks,
Michael
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@Mikeyhenalla Please send us a PM/DM on our official Optus Sport Twitter or Facebook page along with your case reference number and we'll have someone look into this for you and provide further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

sm2001
New Contributor
New Contributor

How is the accepted answer? It is not an answer at all, its a question.

Im experiencing the exact same issue as the original poster and have read all similar posts in this “help” forum and no actual help is offered at all. Just requests to create a ticket. Whats the point of this forum?
0 Kudos