Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
McBoots
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport on Apple TV

Recently I've been unable to watch any non-live matches, mini matches, highlights etc using the Apple TV v 2.0 app.

When I select a match it goes to a blank screen and never loads. Swiping shows a progress bar with a tiny red circle with a red line through it (as in 'no go'). I then hit the back button and the app quits. Everytime. If I select an Optus live channel it streams fine.

No other app has an issue, in fact I've had to resort to watching highlights on Youtube because the Optus app doesn't work. It used to work fine.

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: Optus Sport on Apple TV

Hi @McBoots thanks for reaching out. It's not great to hear that you're having issues viewing our Videos on Demand. We'd recommend raising an In-App case via the Optus Sport app. Alternatively, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

McBoots
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How? There's nothing in Settings in the Optus Sport app on Apple TV other than a link to your website and no other options. Please be specific, thanks.

0 Kudos
z_hook

Sorry for any confusion, @McBoots. You'll need to sign into the Optus Sport app on either a Android or Apple mobile device to raise the In App support case. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

McBoots
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So I raised an in app support case and got a few replies none of which pertained to the actual issue. The replies were more like cut and paste responses asking me to 'try another browser' etc when the issue is with the Apple Tv app. When I asked if someone with specific knowledge like a developer could assist they gave up and didn't answer. When I prompted for further assistance the case was summarily 'solved' and I was told to raise another if I needed to.

Great customer service Optus. Don't read the question, don't offer assistance and then ignore and close the case. Apart from being unprofessional that's just plain rude.

And of course, it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @McBoots - Can you send our Facebook or Twitter team a direct message with the case number? We'll get this looked into to see what's happened.

McBoots
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry Steven but I'm on neither. Case number is 00083868. thanks
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

We're unable to discuss the specifics via this channel as it's an open forum and we may require the email - Can you shed some light exactly into what is happening without any account specifics?

McBoots
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The problem is outlined in my first post. If there's anything I can expand on please let me know.
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Thanks for clarifying that, @McBoots

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.