Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
hensler005
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport Stream Quality

Hi There

Wanted to enquire about why Optus Sport is capped at 720p on Samsung TV, and when this will be increased to 4K, also want to know if there is any way to improve this streaming quality up to 4K, whether via chromecast or another device

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_YC

Re: Optus Sport Stream Quality

Hi @hensler005, the Optus Sport stream is currently brought to devices in 720p. If you have a Fetch TV box, the quality can be upscaled to 1080p. 

Optus Sport is delivered using Adaptive Bitrate Streaming technology at a resolution of up to 720p. Optus Sport will work best when you have internet bandwidth of 3Mbps or greater (7Mbps or greater for 2nd Generation Fetch boxes). Note that the use of other internet applications on the same internet connection at the same time may cause a degradation in video quality. Streaming quality is dependent on your device and service provider and on the speed of your internet connection.

Not to worry, I have also marked your message as feedback for the relevant teams to review. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

hensler005
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks George

Is there any plans at this stage to up that on Samsung TV’s or other devices to 1080p or even 4K in the next year?
0 Kudos
George_YC

I'm not to sure @hensler005 on future plans. We are always looking for ways to better improve our service to customers and I've raised this as feedback to the relevant teams for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors