Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
gregcrawford
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport HD?

Hi

I have just had the NBN connected. Optus is my retailer. I checked my speed, 95mb/s.

When is Optus Sport going to be streamed over the internet at a minimum of 1080P?

I can watch sport in London and Florida when I am there at 4K, but here on Optus it's low res all the way.

When will this be fixed. It really is not good enough.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: Optus Sport HD?

Hi gregcrawford

At this stage we're unable to advise when Optus Sport will be available at a minimum of 1080p, however we have improved the quality of over Fetch TV to be upscaled from 720p to 1080p. This is currently only the case for Optus Sport channels through Fetch TV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
gregcrawford
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is very disappointing.

Given that Kayo is HD, as are all the usual channels, why for a paid service, Optus, is the resolution so low.

Up scaling is not the same, as you well know.

To expect a customer to pay $105 per month for such a poor service shows that customer needs are the last thing to concern Optus .

If the English PL provider changes again so will I. Along with many others I suspect.

Another issue is the fact that I must log in to the Optus Sport app every time I wish to use it. This is no small matter on a TV screen.

Not happy.

TheDolphin
New Contributor
New Contributor

what about CNBC, its not in HD either ?

0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

Hi @TheDolphin,

Thanks for raising this. CNBC is currently not available in HD on Fetch, I'm afraid. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
knucklehead
New Contributor
New Contributor

i agree with the comment re-login difficulty on a tv
0 Kudos
Geko15
New Contributor
New Contributor

A year later and still no HD for sport. Honestly this is totally unacceptable.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors