cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Sport – Gift Card and Credit Card

Optus is now offering new ways to sign up to Optus Sport Premium.

Customers can now purchase a Premium Subscription via:

• Gift Card
  • Credit Card

An Optus Sport Gift Card can be purchased either for yourself or as a gift for a friend at a Woolworths store. 

The gift cards come with two pricing options:

• $14.99 for a 30 day subscription
  • $139 for a 12 month subscription

Each card has its own unique code that can be redeemed online.

Gift Card

Follow these steps to register with a gift card:

1. Go to the Optus Sport access code redemption page
  2. In the Access code field, enter the Access code found on the back of the card
  3. Complete the reCAPTCHA field
  4. Click Validate my access code
  5. Read and accept the gift card T&Cs
  6. Click Next
  7. Create an account by completing the required fields
  8. Read and accept the Optus Sport T&Cs
  9. Login and enjoy access to all the premium content available on Optus Sport!

Credit Card

The credit card offer comes with two pricing options:

1. $14.99 for a 30 day subscription
  2. $139 for a 12 month subscription

Follow the process below to register via credit card:

1. Go to Optus Sport
  2. Click Sign Up > Sign Up
  3. Create your account by filling in the required fields:
    i. Email
    ii. Verify your mobile number
    iii. Confirm your details
    iv. Accept T&Cs
  4. Click Continue to payment
  5. Select the plan then enter the credit card details
  6. Click payment is accepted to receive access to all the premium content available on Optus Sport!

Surprise Offer!

To celebrate the start of the 2020/21 English Premier League season, Optus Sport Annual Pass will only be $99 for a limited time! This is only available to purchase via credit card billing. The offer is available from 3/9/2020 until 27/9/2020.

Ray_YC_0-1599781541044.png

FAQs

Q. I paid $99/12 months, will my subscription price change?

A. The introductory pricing of $99 for the Annual Pass is only available for customers who sign up before 27/9. After the first year, the Annual Pass pricing may change.

Q. I pay $14.99/month for Optus Sport via the App Store/Google Play Store. How can I change to an annual subscription?

A. Those with an active Optus Sport subscription will need to cancel their subscription through the App/Play store first. The subscription will revert to a basic subscription at the end of their current Subscription Period. You will need to update your payment method by choosing a ‘Credit Card’ payment option at the Optus Sport sign up page, and then selecting the annual option.

Q. Am I entitled to a refund if I sign up to Optus Sport via credit card and do not cancel my existing subscription through the App/Play store?

A. Unfortunately, Optus under the Australian Consumer Law will not be providing a refund, or partial refund for any customers who sign up to Optus Sport again without cancelling their subscription through the App/Play store first.

Q. I signed up to a premium subscription and am not able to access premium content. What do I do?

A. Customers who have issues accessing their premium subscription are asked to contact Optus Sport by logging a support ticket via the Optus Sport App.

Q. I currently have Optus Sport included in my plan. How does this affect me?

A. If you have Optus Sport included in your plan you will not be charged for Optus Sport during the duration of the plan.

Q. I currently have Optus Sport included in my plan but did not know this and signed up to a premium subscription. Can I get my money back?

A. For billing related requests please contact Optus by logging into your Optus Sport account and submitting an In App ticket via the Optus Sport App or website.

Q. What if I am an Optus Prepaid customer?

A. If you take up the $5 prepaid Optus Sport offer, please wait until your existing subscription has expired before signing up via credit card.

Q. What happens after the subscription period ends? Will I start to get charged by Optus Sport?

A. You will continue to be charged monthly or yearly depending on the subscription length chosen, until you cancel the subscription. Customers can manage their subscription and payment details on the Optus Sport User Settings page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Sport – Gift Card & Credit Card

"Unfortunately, Optus under the Australian Consumer Law will not be providing a refund, or partial refund for any customers who sign up to Optus Sport again without cancelling their subscription through the App/Play store first."

Why does Optus do this? Great Idea. Great product. Win / Win. but Optus absolutely know that some 5% or so of customers are going to get completely burnt just trying to use it and because of an administrative misstep they get to lose $140?

Turns a happy customer into one that is yelling at poor support staff that they want their money back.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Optus Sport – Gift Card & Credit Card

I understand your concerns with this @petergdownload. We will be keeping an eye on this and passing on feedback for any changes where appropriate.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors