cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor pillsranout
New Contributor

Optus - Sport - EPL Laggy Live Stream

Hi all, 

Anyone else noticed an appreciable deterioration in stream quality for last night's fixtures?

At first I thought maybe my connection was flaking but streaming other services (non-live) seemed fine. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
New Contributor pillsranout
New Contributor

Re: Optus - Sport - EPL Laggy Live Stream

Should mention this includes the live stream of 'Optus Sport 1' I'm trying to watch now, not only the matches last night. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Andypurce
New Contributor

Absolutely agree and agree with Dan who says there is consistently poor streaming quality during games. Like him I get very good 4K or Ultra HD elsewhere and during half time and also pre-game there is excellent quality whereas during almost every game I watched over the last couple of weeks the movement is blurry, the quality is below SD sometimes which is not acceptable. I have NBN 100mbps and can stream iTunes of Foxtel in good quality HD. Whats going on Optus?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Andypurce
New Contributor

Also wanted to say that during a game the close ups are far better quality than the game wide shots. This has been a consistent problem since the World Cup finished.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors