Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Sport App has launched for Samsung TV

OS Samsung.png

It is with great excitement we announce the launch of the Optus Sport App available Monday 28th September to download on Samsung Smart TV’s, available via the App store within the Samsung Smart Hub.

The Optus sports app is compatible with 2017+ Samsung Models – running Tizen 3.0+

• 2020 -Tizen 5.5
  • 2019 - Tizen 5.0
  • 2018 - Tizen 4.0
  • 2017 - Tizen 3.0

The Optus Sport App will be available by going into the Samsung App Store. Customers can look for the Optus Sport app by simply searching for Optus Sport.

To install:

1. Press the Smart Hub button from your remote
  2. Select Apps
  3. Search for Optus Sport
  4. Download the App

After downloading and installing the app, customers will need an Optus Sport Subscription to login and catch all the action and content delivered by Optus Sport.

Please visit our Media Centre page for more information on this launch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
9 Replies
Rachel924
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung TV Plus

Did anyone try the latest application of Free TV Streaming?
0 Kudos
Oethesaint
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optus Sport App has launched for Samsung TV

At last! Well done Optus, better late than never
Rachel924
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is one of the great steps form Samsung.

davecl
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, but unfortunately it doesn’t work too well. I downloaded on my Samsung Serif and it worked for three weeks, but now won’t load at all 😒 tried deleting and reinstalling, same problem. Any ideas?
z_hook

Hi @davecl,

It's certainly disappointing to hear you're having some issues with streaming Optus Sport on your TV.

Could you please provide some further details on the troubles you're having? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

davecl
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fortunately updating the Samsung firmware fixed it.

Jono_YC

Hey @davecl I'm glad to hear that your Optus Sport App is up and running on your Samsung TV. Please feel free to reach out if you need a hand with anything else. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Jono_YC

Hey @adamsmitt I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the Optus Sport App on your Samsung TV. 

Hope you stay safe and enjoy the football season ahead 🙂

Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

Now fix the Sony Android Optus Sports TV App because that still doesn’t work since you launched it earlier in the year!
0 Kudos