Searching...

Optus EPL 1080i(p)

Njm

Hi, 

Just wondering with Optus keeping hold of the epl rights (and upcoming World Cup) are there plans to have the broadcast of one or both of these competitions available in Full HD 1080p via fetch mini? After two seasons it is still only 720p and not utilising the technology in most if not all TV's on the market.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Optus EPL 1080i(p)

Brock_E

Thanks for getting in touch, @Njm Smiley Happy

We're still in the process of finalising our coverage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. I'd advise keeping your eyes peeled on our World Cup hub as any further updates will be made there.

PJH

It’s really really poor that they are still showing sport in 720HD. And it’s completely do able to show in 1080p. I actually use a VPN and login into my brothers NBC sport account in the USA and I have full HD and far better picture than what Optus can deliver. Coverage is great with Optus but picture quality is terrible. Optus need to up their game. 

Highlighted

Njm

Couldn't agree with you more. We are so far behind the rest of the world in Australia when it comes to Technology. Optus can easily give us 1080p HD but our internet coverage is not good enough to provide everyone with the same full hd experience. I think the US are even streaming epl in or other sports in 4K now! While we are still geting 720p...not good enough.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo