cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor nadg63
New Contributor

Not streaming from iPhone to Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV

Recently Samsung upgraded their smart TV's and now have Apple TV, (with AirPlay 2 I believe), great, now I can watch/stream everything from my iPhone, everything EXCEPT Optus Sport that is! Hit the AirPlay symbol on my phone, pick Samsung TV, says 'Video now playing on tv' and the TV screen goes to loading mode but never gets any further - just the rotating loading symbol in the centre of the screen.

Any answers please!?

Tags (3)
8 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Not streaming from iPhone to Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV

Per this link https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/optus-sport-ways-to-watch?requestType=NormalRequest&id=... you can actually install Optus Sport on your Apple TV 4.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor nadg63
New Contributor

Nope, Apple TV is now 'part' of the TV, (not running a seperate Apple TV box). nowhere to load/install Apps! 

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I recall another customer with an Apple TV had to download and install the Optus Sport app on an iPhone and then use the login credentials on the Apple TV.

See this thread.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor nadg63
New Contributor

Optus have informed me that Optus Sport and Apple TV from Samsung are non compatible!? Smiley Sad

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Did you try what the other customer did in the suggested thread above?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Diego4ree
New Contributor

How frustrating, every other app streams fine via airplay2. I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
New Contributor nadg63
New Contributor

Annoying isn't it! Optus are still saying it's a non compatibility issue between them and Samsung TV's.

Occasional Contributor Interisti
Occasional Contributor

Suffering the same on LG C9

My link above. I was explicity told that you can AirPlay to the TV now. Every single other app that supports AirPlay works exept for Optus Sport (go figure)

Even BeIN Sports Connect works via AirPlay and their app has to be worst app in existance, yet it works.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors