Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Not streaming from iPhone to Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV

nadg63

Recently Samsung upgraded their smart TV's and now have Apple TV, (with AirPlay 2 I believe), great, now I can watch/stream everything from my iPhone, everything EXCEPT Optus Sport that is! Hit the AirPlay symbol on my phone, pick Samsung TV, says 'Video now playing on tv' and the TV screen goes to loading mode but never gets any further - just the rotating loading symbol in the centre of the screen.

Any answers please!?

Re: Not streaming from iPhone to Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV

Jeneral__Pain

Per this link https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/optus-sport-ways-to-watch?requestType=NormalRequest&id=... you can actually install Optus Sport on your Apple TV 4.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

nadg63

Nope, Apple TV is now 'part' of the TV, (not running a seperate Apple TV box). nowhere to load/install Apps! 

Solution

Ray_YC

I recall another customer with an Apple TV had to download and install the Optus Sport app on an iPhone and then use the login credentials on the Apple TV.

See this thread.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

nadg63

Optus have informed me that Optus Sport and Apple TV from Samsung are non compatible!? Smiley Sad

Ray_YC

Did you try what the other customer did in the suggested thread above?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo