Searching...

Match Results Shown In Full Match Replay Section

johnkg

Yesterday I went to watch the full match replay of the Arsenal vs Swansea game on my Fetch TV mini. I selected Replays and selected the game and was then presented with the page where you select again to start the replay. BUT - on that same page before you start the replay I could see news results relating to the game including the final score.

It is a very basic requirement that you be able to navigate to watch match replays without having the result shown and I was very annoyed. Please remove news relating to the match replays from the page where they're selected as the results are ruined for people.

Also still waiting for ability to watch full press conferences and match interviews via Fetch TV. They're available on the website but are still mising from Fetch TV.

Re: Match Results Shown In Full Match Replay Section

Guy

Hi johnkh. If you are using Fetch, there shouldn't be a 'Replays' section. When you log into the Optus Sport Portal, select 'On-Demand' at the top, then select the game you wish to watch. There is no information on the screens regarding the results.

johnkg

I got the name wrong and called it replays instead of on-demand but that's exactly what I did. Are there no related news videos/posts in that same screen? There was a row across the bottom

Highlighted

johnkg

I just checked again and I am correct. There are post match interviews and other things showing the match result if you do the following:

Open Optus Sport.

Choose the 'On Demand' section.

Select the Arsenal v Swansea game.

Now on this screen before you can start watching there are a row of videos at the bottom - these are the problem. I've taken a photo:

IMG_2405.JPG

There cannot be news content showing the result of the match in this section. Please have it removed.

Aman_B

Hey @johnkg,  yes there are some news and shows available under On demand. These shows are only of the teams that the on demand game is for. For all he shows its under the shows tab. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

johnkg

Yes but my point is that they shouldn't be on that screen. Otherwise how can I watch the game on demand without seeing the result?

Subversion13

John, I totally agree with you. I think that at best the two Optus representatives who responded to you here are being dismissive and naive and at worse they are being downright condescending, patronising and maybe even rude.

Things like this have happened to me (using the app to watch an On Demand game, but seeing a still from the match showing the winning team celebrating). It's more evidence that despite their best efforts (and they are trying really hard), Optus are still yet to come to terms with the demands of broadcasting a product to a committed audience.

Whether it's lapses like this, or the poor picture quality of On Demand games, they still have a long way to go.

Aman_B

Thanks for your feedback @johnkg, I'll certainly pass that on to our EPL team. 

Hey @Subversion13, we do try and give our 100% to every post and never ever try to be as such that you mentioned. We are taking all the feedback on board and this is passed on to the team , each and every feedback is then looked on and discussed by out EPL project team and if it can be implemented. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

johnkg

Thanks for the response @Aman_B. I was hoping this would be passed on and can be fixed ASAP.

I like many viewers watch these games on delay and am unable to record the live stream as Optus will not sell me a recording version of Yes TV unless I buy broadband from Optus (I am a mobile customer only for the EPL). Hence I rely on the on demand games a lot.

Please stress that this is an important and basic feature (not seeing the results before watching the games) to your devs.

Aman_B

Thanks for taking out time and giving us your valuable feedback.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo