Searching...
Accepted Solution

Live Cricket Streaming

SteveW

I am in the app, I have the proper account and due to my subscription, $120per month, I should be able to view the cricket live.... But I can't find it on Optus Sports app. Only replays, highlights, etc.... Where do I stream it from?

Re: Live Cricket Streaming

Jim_A

I also have the same problem - is optus all promise and no delivery? 

wooptang

You need the Cricket Australia App. When you choose to "Watch Live" it'll give you the option to log in with your Optus Sport account.

Jim_A

So you have to use the CA app - not optus sport

I guess the CA app data isn't included in Optus Sport cover-all cap...this is dubious and dodgy as F 

Solution

Toomey

Nothing dubious and dodgy going on here guys. There's a full article with step-by-step instructions here → Watch this summer’s cricket thanks to Optus Sport

1. Download Optus Sport app and create an account if you haven’t done so already:

2. Download Cricket Australia Live app:

3. Sign up for a CricketID or log in to Cricket Australia Live app with your existing CricketID then link your Optus Sport to your CricketID account. 

4. Enjoy live cricket data free via the Cricket Australia App and on-demand cricket action data free via the Optus Sport app.

As quoted in the article "you can watch all the cricket data free which means you can stream as much action as you want without using the data in your plan. Please note that ads, authentication, analytics and content other than live games in the Cricket Australia Live app will use data though."

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BenM001

This doesn't work for me. Keeps saying I only have a Basic account when I have a premium account.

NickB5150

Hi how do you create an account? I only get an option to login but it won't accept my details.I've also tried to create an account through the Web page but it tells me it's an invalid email address for some reason.

I used to have a cricket live pass a couple of years ago.  

Any help appreciated 

Solution

SamSam

@BenM001 when you log into the Cricket Aus site (forget about the app for a second) and click on "subscribe" (sometimes this is "watch Live" if there's a game on) does it say "activated" under the Optus option or "Activate"? 

@NickB5150 you're talking about logging into Cricket Aus site right? If it's saying your email address is invalid you can either try the "forgot password" path to see if you've got an old account which it sounds like you have or use another email address to sign up new. Once you've got the cricket aus account, linking with your Optus Sport account takes about 15 seconds. Just make sure you are NOT using your Optus sport details to log into the Cricket Australia site, they are 2 different log ins. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

NickB5150

Thanks for your help. Got it running now

Brock_E

Great to hear, @NickB5150 Smiley Happy

If you need a hand with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks for your input here, @SamSam!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo