cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Amewuga
New Contributor

How much does it cost to subscribe if you are with a different network?

Am with telstra, do I need to purchase an optus sim card or can I just pay a monthly subscription? And how much does it cost per month? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: How much does it cost to subscribe if you are with a different network?

It's only available for Optus customers unfortunately. So yes, you'll need to sign up to a plan with Optus. Cheapest I can see is a total of $50 a month with no contract (oddly enough, $55 with a contract). This is the $35 SIM only plan and $15 for the subscription. Also, if you want a Fetch mini it's anouther $5 a month so $55 in total.

Check it here - http://offer.optus.com.au/epl?_ga=1.212750868.1694365936.1472618053#get-it

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Amewuga
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

I think it's really silly that I can't just buy a subscription. I am very happy with telstra and am not about to pay $50 to get on an optus plan plus $15 per month to watch the epl. I got the free trial and it worked perfectly on the telstra network (not like all the terrible reviews am reading from people watching on the optus network). 

Thanks again, I do appreciate your time 

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I hear you but I guess Optus needed to make their money back from what they paid for the rights in the first place.

Just wanted to highlight, the $50 I quoted included the subscription so it's not $50 + $15, it's just $50. Still, $50 is still a little steap just for the PL if you're not going to use the phone plan that comes with it.

A whole bunch of plans had (and some still do) the subscription included. Maybe one of your friends are with Optus and have it that you could use? You can only use each subscription one at a time so it might be difficult to share one but if they have it and aren't using it, you could do that. Or even if they don't have it but have a service, you could pay them the $15 a month and they can add it to their account.

Might sound like to much effort but if you're a big fan, it could be worth it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors