Searching...

Re: How is this still a problem??

Lcfc73

Thanks for the Link but that suggests I need an Optus account to log a fault.  I purchased the World Cup matches and don’t have any Optus services.  Looks like I can’t log a fault?

Can an someone tell me why nothing has been done about this in 2 years?  

Ev_

If you're not an Optus customer, you can report the fault via the Optus Sports App's help and support function, our TV & Content team will be able to investigate further and follow up with you directly about this issue. Please follow this link for steps to do so if you have any issues → https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-log-a-support-case-in-the-optus-sport-app?reques....

Highlighted

Lcfc73

I haven’t bothered following this link as it seems the support in here is just pushing back to the user and not doing anything. 

i tried warching tonight, chose watch live, it worked fine on my phone but as soon as I cast to my TV it goes to the start of the live program.  Trying to fast forward and I end up stuck at 6480 days???  

Seriously Optus how have you got this so wrong? I will be sure to cancel my subscription before the end of the month to avoid any charges.   I didn’t have any of these problems watching the World Cup on the SBS stream and they’re not even a telecommunications company. 

Kartika

Really sorry to hear about your Optus Sport issue through Chromecast, @cfc73. Can you please power cycle everything and re-test. Check out this → link for some troubleshooting help. Let us know how you go.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lcfc73

Thanks for the reply.  How frequently should we be expected to restart everything? If I’m watching live that’s really not great.  I really wanted this platform to work as it is flexible but in my short viewing time it’s just not reliable. 2 weeks of viewing and both times a problem.  

I hope you can get this service to work and when you can deliver in full HD or 4K let me know and I’ll check it out again. 

OwenH

Seriously, get your act together with the football or sell it to a company that isn't in over their head. Every request for support is pushed back on to you the customer. Asking people to send in forms that aren't answered immediately. The troubleshooting is nothing but time wasting then ask to private message, then asked to send in a report on the app, which kept crashing so I couldn't then as an experiment I let it run, for 9 minutes my form wouldn't load, so re did it and was successful on my 3rd attempt. Having people text you back from the Phillipines is not support. Almost without fail every live game I get to watch the service is rubbish. It's a shame because on the phone side of thing my experience has been mostly great.

Tris

I understand @OwenH, whilst I appreciate your experience has been poor, both with Optus Sport and getting a hand, normal troubleshooting, in most instances resolves a given problem. As you're unable to raise a support case via the app, I'd suggest speaking with our Content team directly on 1800 230 158 so we can do that on our end. Apologies for the trouble 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lcfc73

Ticket logged with support. Answer -  a bug with iOS and Apple. Will be fixed in next software update.  This was what was reported 18 months ago - has there not been a software update since.  My case has also been closed.  

Id post the response if I can. Thy did have a workaround but that didn’t make any sense.  

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo