Searching...

Re: High definition 720p 1080p?

pistolpete40

Hi,

Seeing its only days out from new EPL season was wondering if Optus Sport is still only capable of  being streamed in HD 720p?

It sure looks like it!

I'm having the same problem as others on this forum. When its slow-motion, or zoomed in, the picture is crystal clear. But whenever there is any movement of the camera, the ball and the players become extremley blurry, and is unwatchable. This is both through the Fetch mini and chromecast platforms on my Hisense 4k TV.

Is this problem going to be resolved soon? Seeing that I'm now paying for this service.

Regards,

Peter

PhilC

Hi @pistolpete40 I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your EPL streaming, at this point in time we will be streaming matches in 720p unless you have a satellite service. If you'd like to trouble shoot your service you can speak with our dedicated EPL tech team on 1800230158 to help optimise your viewing. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Njm

Sorry to open up old wounds Smiley Happy

Just wondering with Optus keeping hold of the epl rights (and upcoming World Cup) are there plans going forward to have the broadcast of one or both of these competitions available in Full HD 1080p or 4k even via fetch mini? After two seasons it is still only 720p and not utilising the technology in most if not all TV's on the market.

Thanks for your help.

Toomey

Sorry for the late response @Njm. Plans to increase quality haven't been announced so it's not something we could confirm at this stage I'm afraid.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
anfearcul

So, 6 months on from this last post - any news from Optus on improving the quality of the streams? This should be priority number one for Optus - I honestly don't know why nothing has changed in 2 and a half years (since this thread first started).

There are multiple illegitimate streams available online, shared by individuals from their home computers that are Full HD / 50fps - how is it that a major telecoms company, who have paid a lot of money for the exclusive rights to the EPL / UEFA Champions League / UEFA Europa League / UEFA Nations League can't offer similiar streams?

Don't even get me started on the lack of 4K.....

Hopefully Foxtel's recent launch of a 4K channel will light the fire.

Highlighted

Mattpolo8

What a joke. Two and a half years on and they still can't broadcast games in hd. An absolute joke. The amount of money you paid and then all the issues you had initially you'd think you'd wanna get it all perfect. Yeah right. Everyone stuck in SD watching epl games at all hours of the morning. Going backwards in technology. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo