Searching...
Highlighted

High definition 720p 1080p?

Njm

Hi. When signing up to epl I was told the feed for fetch tv would definitely be in full 1080p high Def. I was reading a post and a comment caught my eye from toomey an optus employee. When asked what the resolution was Toomey said for the app website and fetch the feed is only in 720p but the satelite service is 1080p. If true this is the biggest wrought ever! I and many others were told it would be in full hd which of course is 1080p not 720p. Can you confirm or deny this please as this is a major issue and TIO will be made aware of this as optus employees I have spoken to on many occasions before signing up said it was full hd. Yet another mistruth from optus. Is 1080p even on the horizon at all for fetch tv? It's 2016 guys. 

Re: High definition 720p 1080p?

Shae

Sorry for any info that's been provided that's incorrect Njm. Having a chat with our team, we've been advised that the stream is currently available in 720p for services other than satellite, which is 1080i. If you wanted to have a chat about what this specifically means for your account moving forward, please send through some info via PM and we'll be happy to have a look into it with you.

Njm

My account moving forward? All I want to know know is why was I told numerous times it would be in full 1080p for all services? To suck me in as a new customer I'd assume. Silly me, and if it will be available in 1080p for fetch mini in the near future? Yes or no. Thank you for your reply Shae. 

Shae

It's something we're looking to provide Njm. For the moment, we're offering the stream in the above formats this early into the season while we look to provide a stable and consistent stream.

redbarron

Regarding fetch tv mini  DISPLAY RESOLOUTION  GO  TO MANAGE/ SETTINGS AUDIO //VIDEO 

CLICK ON VIDEO  YOU WILL SEE THREE BOXES  WITH AN ARROW EITHER END PRESS CENTRE BUTTON ON

REMOTE TO ENTER MODE THEN SELECT 1080P @50Hz THEN CONFIRM

Njm

Thanks redbarron for the reply but I have already done this once I got the box and it doesn't actually put your picture in 1080p as the broadcast is played to us in 720p so those settings would produce the same picture if you made them 720p 50hz. Take a look for yourself but I'm pretty sure there was no change...this is how I discovered it was only shown in chappy 720p not full hd like optus promised during sign up.

Shae

Let us know if you did see a change,  but 1080p is definitely in our plans moving forward. Hopefully we hear more info on that front soon.

TeamRanger

Optus has 720p50hz deal from IMG. Similar to starsports streams in Asia including current package via hotstar in India. This was the case in UK too where only the satellite subscribers had 1080i stream and rest 720p. 

The only silver lining I can see is that Optus will also jump directly to 4K just like BTSport and Skysports in UK.

TeamRanger

If you notice in this thread, mods were claiming stream will be Full HD (1080p) when EPL starts 😥

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Watching-EPL/Fetch-mini-picture-settings-for-EPL-1080p-50hz/m-p/166...

Dan_C

Hey @TeamRanger, I've had a quick scroll through the thread you've linked. You're correct - a mod of ours has advised that the EPL will be streamed in "Full HD". Unfortunately as we've established in this thread - at this time the service is only capable of being streamed in HD 720P.

Obviously we do want to get to a point where we're able to offer a full HD stream. Ultra HD 4k is something that would need to be contemplated as well- this is obviously reliant on the broadcaster delivering all games in 4K. From my research I can see that 4K broadcasting has commenced this year but at this point is only available for roughly 126 matches in the UK. Dan 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo