Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: RESULTS GIVEAWAY ON OPTUS SPORT

Thanks Paddylee I'd like to but that link doesn't work sadly.
0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Link works for me and many others.
Opens up a page to lodge a complaint.
0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Managed to find another link and have now copied my complaint from here to Optus. Thanks!
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I don't believe Optus have any direct control over content. Its beamed to them as is. Revealing Score issues were a big complaint last season and it was obvious broadcasters hadn't really wrapped their head around how streaming and watch on demand changed the 'spoiler' landscape. There were even issues with the running time of past matches being shown in the EPG (because you could tell immediately if the game had been a draw requiring extra time). I agree its majorly annoying and Optus Sport had got a lot better I'd thought. A few recent complaints here suggest its still got a way to go.

An official complaint likely won't result in more than a stock letter response but can't hurt. I do know the mods here do view it as a feedback portal and they pass on any relevant comments to specific departments so might actually be the best bet for this sort of complaint getting through to those that need it.

I would suggest perhaps starting a running thread detailing the specific spoilers you hit. Optus can hopefully add it to a list of things they should be avoiding.

You can flag @Ray_YC or @Dan_C so they can know you've got something more to say.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks Peter, we're across this one and waiting for a response from our Optus Sport team after forwarding them some more complaints. I also suspect it is not something that we have control over but will see what they say,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

If it is not something that Optus Sport have control of then it needs to get passed up the chain of command to whoever is responsible or you might find you are losing more and more subscriptions. It's the only reason I have all my services with Optus including Fetch, mobile pre-paid and pre-paid phone plus home phone and internet and I would quite happily take all those away now that you sell the EPL sport package to non Optus customers. I have been with you since day 1 of EPL but this is becoming worse not better.
If it is because the UK doesn't get to watch all the matches on tv then they (whoever makes the decisions) need to be told that that isn't the case in other countries like Australia that can't attend games! I'm only guessing but if that is what it's about then it is still no excuse because as I have stated before, there are MYRIAD ways for ANYONE WHEREVER THEY ARE to find out the results or running scores via web/social media etc etc. IF THEY WANT TO. It's not rocket science after all.
I understand it ONLY on the last day of the season when all games are played simultaneously and relegation and championship issues abound in other games but that is it. No more Pleeeeeeeeease.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Giving away game updates and results in other games

Hi everyone,

Thank you for raising this issue. Our TV & Content team have confirmed that if the spoilers are coming from the commentary feed, we have no control over this as Burnleyfan mentioned. This only tends to happen during games that are scheduled at the same time Goal Rush is on.

If spoilers are coming from the studio team that is something that we have control over and can raise with the Production team needing specific examples provided.

I acknowledge that's not the answer you're hoping for, I can tell you as an avid sports watcher myself it's not exclusive to just the EPL on Optus Sport as per my previous response. I don't like it either but it's just part of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Well it shouldn't be 'just part of it'!!! That attitude is ridiculous. It doesn't need to be part of it.

Please explain why it does given that everyone else has explained why it doesn't?

It seems to me you are unwilling to pass this massively negative feedback on up the chain to whoever you are receiving the feed from (in the UK?) which means they will never consider changing their practises if they don't realize what a problem it is for many customers in Australia and elsewhere to have their entertainment ruined!

Thanks a lot Optus for passing the buck without doing something about it.

0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Just FYI the spoilers are coming from the studio team and the commentary team and does not just happen when GOAL RUSH is on.

I have already given two examples of simultaneous games being fuined whilst watching the other. Please eee previous posts in this chain.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Andy,

Please provide the specific studio example and I'll be happy to pass this on. At what minute(s) of the match? Who from the studio? etc.

0 Kudos