Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Giving away game updates and results in other games

They've started doing it again and for no reason!

Why oh why have EPL started giving running commentaries, updates and results of other games in EPL games. I bought Optus Sport so I could watch pretty much all the games, being retired, and ONCE AGAIN in an incosequential midweek game the updated scores and result were not only given away by commentators without any kind of heads up warning but with actual screen in screen images during the game making it impossible to avoid hearing or seeing the score/result.

I was watching Burnley v Man City and wanted to watch C. Palace v Bournemouth aftewards but in the end it was pointless as I was repeatedly told the score and result throughout the first game I watched.

There is no reason or excuse for doing this when I can find out IF I WANT TO, results from the web, social media and any other number of instant opportunities.

PLEASE, PLEASE STOP THIS practice and pass this feedback on AGAIN to whoever is responsible for this stupid and ruinous practice which is taking away my pleasure yet again. 

This happens on the last day of the season and then and only then is it understandable with relegation and premiership battles iontertwined but this is pointless and makes your package of sport much less attractive.

Andy

25 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Giving away game updates and results in other games

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting your feedback. We'll be passing it on to our TV & Content team. 

I know it's not just limited to Optus Sport, I experience the same when watching NBA, NHL, MLB etc. on ESPN , they must run out of things to talk about!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Ray, you might want to point out to your team and remind them that unlike EPL feeds in the UK, we here in Australia can't get to the actual games so we are getting the feed to EVERY game and not just the ones that are shown on UK tv stations and to think of us over here before broadcasting scores and results in other games. I try to watch in the order they are played but sometimes there are plenty of games on at exactly the same time which is when the ruination happens most.
robbystar
New Contributor
New Contributor

I agree this is VERY irritating! Especially as they minimise the game in play to show the happenings of other games. I personally don’t give a damn what’s going on in the other games but I’m furious when they reduce the one I’m watching to an unwatchable size. They don’t even wait until the ball goes out of play before they cut across to another game. And finally! I watch most games On Demand so what’s the point of live updates!? I’m watching the game I’m watching! And I want to watch it undisturbed.
0 Kudos
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Live score

Why on earth have the programmers started to allow live scores on games where kick off times are the same?
I want to watch EVERY game from beginning to end so I don’t need to know live scores in the Wolves/Spurs game while I’m watching Man utd/Everton
0 Kudos
Woolybear
New Contributor
New Contributor

Results given away during games

Why in hell are you idiots giving the scores of o tether premiere league games during commentary? That's the whole point of subscribing to Optus to watch every game. Ruined if we know the scores. Stop it!
Burnleyfan
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andy
Agree 100%. I pay to watch every game and don’t need live scores to ruin my entertainment.
I don’t think this is an Optus issue. The programming is run by a company called IMG and they probably dictate terms to the Uk crew,
Optus however need to complain bitterly to the programmers. If this carries on I can see Optus losing customers.
0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Whatever it takes to stop this, OPTUS should be on it. It happened again today as I was watching Man U vs Everton and they cut into the Spurs vs Wolves game repeatedly with scores, footage etc. which I had planned to watch afterwards.

POINTLESS WHEN YOU KNOW THE SCORES/RESULTS. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP THIS ABSURD PRACTICE. IT IS RUINING MY ENJOYMENT IN A VERY BIG WAY.

Andy

0 Kudos
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

RESULTS GIVEAWAY ON OPTUS SPORT

I will keep posting these complaints until something is done about it. Giving away running scores, showing footage and giving results from other games in the EPL or any other league for that matter is POINTLESS AND RUINING MY SUBSCRIPTION.

I pay Optus Sport to watch every game and not to have them ruined by results and scores from other games being given away.

Surely whoever has instigated this policy is not so out of touch as to NOT think that IF I WANT TO KNOW OTHER SCORES THERE ARE A MILLION INSTANT WAYS I CAN FIND OUT. 

WHY is this still happening and getting worse?

The last game I watched had screen in screen footage for heaven's sake.

Sorry about the caps but I am now angry and will keep posting to this forum until something is done and I encourage others to do the same.

It simply isn't enough for a yescrowd moderator to say he's passing on the feedback.

I'D LIKE TO HEAR A REASON WHY, WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE, IS DOING THIS.

AND TO STOP IT. I can't think of a single good reason to ruin our enjoyment.

Andy

0 Kudos
Logged-Off
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: RESULTS GIVEAWAY ON OPTUS SPORT

Suggest you log a complaint as it goes DIRECTLY to Optus.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints
0 Kudos