Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Final week of the Permier League and I'm getting a "server down" error, your app doesn't work either

Final week of the premier league and the website shows a "server down" error 15 minutes before kick-off.  The latest update to the optus sport app has rendered that completely useless!  Hopefully the Premier League come to their senses and give the rights back to a company that can actually get it right.  Useless!

After tonight I'm cancelling my account with Optus and going to another provider, there are much better deals out there at minute and I can do without a crappy premier league service anyway.

I'm also making a formal complaint to the Premier League about the service from Optus, I suggest everyone do the same.  

Let's see how long this message lasts on their boards!

10 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Final week of the Permier League and I'm getting a "server down" error, your app doesn

Same here - internet is fine, but Optus sport - mobile app and web app - are not working at all.  

Nothing is showing.  Now to reboot my ADSL modem to see if that will change things.  I can’t see how it will however, given Netflix and other things are running fine.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Final week of the Permier League and I'm getting a "server down" error, your app doesn

Totaly agree, this has been crap since day 1 !!!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The ONLY reason I moved to Optus was for the Premier League and now I can't watch the final week. If they don't sort their sh1t out I'll be phoning them in the morning refusing to pay this month's bill! 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

same here.  what a bunch of amateurs!  

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

optus have never really had this sorted, they should have left it with Fox, am sick of issues with EPL transmissions..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The latest update asks for permission to make calls on my phone too... why? 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is so f****ng frusterating!! Give it back to Foxtel and do us dedicated fans a favour!!

Optus have ruined premier league coverage from day dot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hopefully Optus can get it right moving forward. Foxtel won't be airing the EPL for at least another four years as Optus has re-aquired the rights. On the plus side they now have access to ALL games and catch up is available on ALL games. As well you will be able to subscribe for a small monthly fee instead of having to have an Optus Account.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tell me you're joking!!! 

I thought Foxtel was going all out to get it back? 

When did that go through? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors