Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mac72
New Contributor
New Contributor

EPL on Chromecast

Not sure if this question has been asked already, if it has then I apologise.  Why is it that when I am casting an EPL game to my television via Chromecast it keeps dropping out?  When I tried to watch the Spurs v Hull game the other morning it kept dropping out.  I ended up logging on to my PC and watching it that way with no issues.  Obviously this is not ideal as I would like to see the game on a bigger screen.  Only happens when I watch EPL and not anything else on Chromecast.  Secondly, if a game is not on demand and I do not have Fetch TV, is there a possibility of seeing a that game apart from when it is live?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: EPL on Chromecast

Hey @Mac72 - No need to apologise! It shouldn't be dropping out frequently, I would advise having a chat with our TV &  Content tech team on 18010 230 158 to run through some trouble shooting. As for viewing the replays that aren't On Demand, you should still be able to view some of them in the Optus Sport App. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tdaly29
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi just to add to this. Myself and a few of my mates are having this same issue. The Chromecast CONSTANTLY drops out during a game. It really is frustrating. How can you take over the rights for the EPL and not provide functioning apps to watch it. Also, how can you let an issue like this continue for weeks on end without rectifying it? You charge a ridiculous amount to watch the sport we love and you can't fix issues with viewing it? 

0 Kudos
Guy
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Tdaly29. Apologies for the ongoing issues with the Chromecast service 😞 We're working really hard to resolve this. We're collecting specific user experiences so are you able to fill in the following form and send it to us via private message? 

Chromecast version: (shown on ready to cast screen)    
Chromecast type (Gen 1, Gen2, Ultra)                  
Optus Sport app version:                              
Internet ISP:                                          
Speed test:                                           
Optus sport app version:                               
Game being watched:                                    
EPL ID:                                               
Approx date of issue starting:                         
Specific error message:  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors