Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor barryf78
Occasional Contributor

EPL Video on Demand

I woke up this morning to watch the VoD of the midnight game between West Ham and Watford.  It't the only game not available to watch.

All the 2am games were there to watch.

Abysmal service by Optus and proof they really dont know what they are doing when it comes to EPL.

If this is the level of service we should be expecting less than 5 weeks into the season, when can I get a refund

Tags (2)
22 Replies
Occasional Contributor FrankS
Occasional Contributor

Re: EPL Video on Demand

Same here. Where is Spurs? Are you still converting the tape over from VHS? 

You guys really need to smarten up on the 21st century way of doing things. We, your customers, have expectations that your hyped up service is clearly struggling to meet.

Occasional Contributor

I just got told by "Toomie" at Optus that they dont make every game available on-demand

This was the first time that this little tidbit of information was made available to us the consumer.

In fact when i signed up for an Optus Mobile specifically and only to watch EPL, I was told by an Optus store person that I didnt need the Fetch Mighty and could just get the Fetch Mini because EVERY game would be on-demand

If I knew it would only have been select games that Optus feels we want to watch then I would have shelled out for the Mighty (Something that is not possible now apparently) 

It's this poor service from Optus that made me leave them 10 years ago and wish I never rejoined for EPL

New Contributor Martyhammer
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat, is the west ham v Watford game going to be put up later? I've been overseas for the last month and woke up this morning to watch my first  west ham game on Optus sports and can't find it...not impressed at all

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Apparently we can only watch it live at 10am

Not really convenient or what was sold

I wonder if the ACCC likes the Bait and Switch tactics Optus are employing

RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Hi Guys, we've advised across all our platforms, promotions and information summary that we would have 290 on demand games available per season.  I'm sorry if there has been some confusion about this 😞

barryf78 if you want us to look at your account records and who you signed up with and confirm info provided we can do this. Just drop me your account info and date of birth via a Private Message. Meg

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Red_Menace58
New Contributor

Sorry Meg but this is from your web site;

"Missed the game? Not a problem. On-demand replays and highlights mean the game kicks off when you want it to."

Well I missed a game - West Ham v Watford. Why isn't this game plus the Spurs game in the On Demand list? Instead you hve Burnley v Hull....OH PLEASE!!!!

New Contributor Martyhammer
New Contributor

Meg, if this is the case then perhaps you need to make it really clear which games are not gong to be available on demand the following morning otherwise you're going to have unhappy customers every week.

i watched some of the Manchester derby last night and don't recall seeing anything on the app saying the west ham game would not be on demand in the morning. If I had I would have struggled through the jet lag so I didn't miss it

RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Hi Martyhammer, we do display what will be on demand online via https://sport.optus.com.au/epl/featured/1713

You should still be able to watch replayed games (not on demand just replays) on the App or via Webstream via channel  1 on Optus Sports Channel 1

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Meg,

Is there a schedule for the full season of what will be on-demand?  I want to see how few games I will actually be able to watch and assess whether keeping a $35 per month service is worth it

Top Contributors