Searching...

EPL Unmetered - are Post-Paid plans eligible?

Bucky01

I'm an existing Optus customer on a $60 My Plan Plus service, and recently activated my free 12-month EPL access.

I would like to confirm that this service is also unmetered for streaming through the Optus Sports App?

I have found details noting that Pre-Paid services are unmetered, but little info on eligible Post-Paid unmetered plans. Thanks for your assistance.

Re: EPL Unmetered - are Post-Paid plans eligible?

Tris

Hey Bucky01, streaming via the app is un-metered regardless of the service type providing you're accessing data using the Optus network Smiley Wink Hope this helps! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bucky01

Thankyou for the clarification.  I've been streaming some of the EPL videos through the Optus Sports App the last few days (via the Optus Mobile Network).  My daily data usage appears to have increased throughout this timeframe, although this may be coincidental.  I'll continue monitoring this before streaming the first round of fixtures on-demand Smiley Happy

Nghi

No worries. Just a tip, the Insights feature within the My Optus App will show data use as it displays all data going to your SIM. But the data is un-metered and should not be coming out of your monthly allowance. That's taken care by our backend billing system.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
MODEMFACE

Hi there,

I just wanted to tack on a follow up question. I don't mean to nit-pick but you said streaming is unmetered via the app, but does that also apply when viewing via browser?

I'm currently watching Utd v Dotrmund via Chrome on Windows 8.1 and it looks fantastic, but I'm concerned that this cripsy HD football is going to destroy my data. Can you please confirm?

Thanks

Shae

Are you using an Optus connection to stream the EPL, then the streaming EPL content will be data free.

MODEMFACE

Hi! Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, I'm on Optus Home Wireless Broadband. I didn't mention it because I thought the EPL deal was only available to Optus customers.

In that case, cool! Thanks again for your help!

Shae

You do need to be an Optus customer to create an account and the home wireless service you mention will not use data to stream EPL, you'll need a different Post-Paid service to create an account as the Home Wireless Broadband service isn't eligible for an EPL subscription - Shae

MODEMFACE

Thanks for the confirmation, Shae, That's good news indeed.

I also have a post-paid phone service with Optus which is where I get the EPL package.

Nghi

Excellent! Yeah, EPL streaming through the website/App is un-metered over our Home Wireless Broadband connection.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo