Searching...

EPL On Demand problems

juswain

I just tried to start watching the Arsenal vs Man Utd game On Demand but when I select that game in the 'Replays' section, it is just playing the live feed instead. On this occasion that live feed was the show reviewing the game after it had finished, so I now know the score before watching the game.

This is not an isolated incident as few weeks ago I tried to watch a game that had already started and even though I selected the option to "Start from beginning" it just played the live feed anyway.

Come on guys..... is it too much to ask that you fix this stuff? This is the second year Optus has been broadcasting the EPL, I don't think I'm on my own in thinking that it really is time you guys got this stuff right.

Re: EPL On Demand problems

Toomey

Hey @juswain, thanks for sharing this. Which method of streaming are you using? (App, Fetch, Website, Apple TV)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

juswain

I use the Optus Sport app on my Apple TV.

Toomey

Ah ha yes, this incident has been raised with our vendor. It seems to only occur on Apple TV so we're just waiting for an update.

In the mean time, are you able to start the stream on a mobile device, and then AirPlay to your Apple TV? This should avoid the problem while we work on a fix, let me know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

juswain

I just wanted to let you guys know that there are still problems with On Demand playback of replays. I just tried to start the replay the Manchester derby and once again it went to the live feed of the live show.

Yes I can watch the replay through a mobile device and Airplay it to my Apple TV as suggested, but this results is a significant reduction in viewing quality. Not the end of the world but I think you would agree, not what I'm paying my money for.

Come on guys, you really need to get this stuff sorted, or find someone who can.

Tano

Hey @juswain,

Sorry again that this issue is ongoing. We're aware of this problem and are working towards a resolution directly with the vendors. This will likely come with the next update and we'll communicate more as soon as we know.

Quinored

I have just had the same issue with Liverpool v Tottenham replay on Apple TV - started half way through and then jumped to fanzone when I tried again so I knew the result. Are Optus any closer to resolving the issue with Apple? It's been nearly 2 months since this original post and still no resolution? Come on Optus...poor customer experience.

GuyCS

Hi @Quinored - thanks for reaching out. We do apologise for any spoilers as a result of this. At this stage, we'd recommend lodging the fault with our TV & Content team here → https://offer.optus.com.au/faultreport/individual/ to investigate further. That team should be able to advise you of any updates regarding this. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo