cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor tj1234
Occasional Contributor

Delay

Hello Optus, 

I would like to know why the delay on your stream is about 40-50 seconds.

I can watch the EPL on a illegal stream and the delay is no where near as bad as yours and you are a  paid service. 

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Delay

Hey tj1234, our delay is because of the need to encode/encrypt it for multiple streams (Web, apps, and Fetch TV). Up to 60 seconds is within spec. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor TWmoderated
Occasional Contributor

within spec of what?

not customer expectations surely? the one's you're trying to acquire?!

New Contributor Nathmax
New Contributor

I agree! I received notifications of goals from apps approx 50 seconds before I saw it on the tv. It's pretty poor, not in 1080p and slow. Optus needs to lift its game big time! You can't hold us to ransom much longer, things need to change!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Sorry to say Nathmax but the delay you're seeing will continue moving forward. We'd suggest turning off notifications off in order to not have the game spoiled for you while watching.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor tj1234
Occasional Contributor

Clearly 'Optus Sport' management dont know much about watching 'Live' sport. When advertising 'Live' and and getting a delayed service. 50 second delay is a pretty big deal considering everything is instant in this day and age. If i want to watch a delay ill watch the highlight show the next day. You better fix this issue. Live betting is advertised everywhere and if someone is paying for your service and gambling and losing money when you are saying its live and its not. I would re consider 'going forward' with this approach.

New Contributor Nathmax
New Contributor

Lol serious? Cmon man, that's a joke. So I'm paying for a second class service?

0 Kudos
Contributor TeamRanger
Contributor

For a change personally, I have started to pay full attention to watching games instead of looking at my phone every 2 mins!! 😁

Edit: Oh and I watch it on my telly via Fetch mini. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor PGC
New Contributor

With all due respect Optus, Foxtel here and Sky in the UK have been live streaming for years on multiple platforms. Last season my Foxtel viewing was 2 or 3 seconds ahead of my mates in the UK. This year I am 80 seconds behind, more than 1% of the game. In an era of nanoseconds. Having held EPL fans to ransom, at least come up with a reply that is more proactive and positive than one later on this thread that may as well have said "tough s&!t, suck it up".

0 Kudos