Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Windmill
Contributor
Contributor

Delay in availability of on demand matches on Fetch TV

Why are on demand matches not available on Fetch when already available on phone. Does this affect everyone?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Clarky333
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Delay in availability of on demand matches on Fetch TV

I've had the same problem all morning. Only on demand matches i can access on fetch are the ICC matches. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @Windmil, that does sound a little strange. On demand matches generally become available with in two hours after the live stream has concluded. It's also important to note that you'll be unable to watch a live game from the very beginning on our 24/7 channel. 

Now If you're streaming via the application or our Optus sport page you will be able to commence your stream from the very beginning. Are you able to give a rough estimate of the time delay between On-Demand matches appearing on your Mobile App and your Fetch service? Dan 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Windmill
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply.  This morning I could access the on demand match on my iphone before 7am.  I could access the match on demand via computer around an hour or so later.  It didn't appear on Fetch until after 10am I estimate.  This is really too long a delay.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Thanks for that info @Windmill.This isn't an issue that's been brought to my attention in the past - so I'm not able to give you an explanation here. I can feed this back to the relevant product team here and see if they're able to supply me with a valid reason.

As you've said - it's a rather long delay, which is a little bit concerning for us here. Dan 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey guys, I've just received communication that advises the the issue is only intermittent and we will have a permanent fix shortly. We've been advised that customers should be able to view on demand content from matches shown the night prior by performing a restart. 

Menu > Settings > Manage > Device Info > Options> Fetch TV box > Reset. Dan 

0 Kudos
Mikematt
New Contributor
New Contributor

I TRIED TO watch man utd v swansea at 7.30 am but on demand not available why?

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Mikematt, the Man United v Swansea isn't available on-demand this round. More info here. Though it is getting replays on our Optus SPort 24/7 channel. If you're watching on our Yes TV by Fetch boxes then just navigate to channel 113 or 980.

Replays of this game. All times AEDT

Monday 7th November – 7.30am
Monday 7th November – 9:00pm
Tuesday 8th November - 8.30am
Friday 11th November – 7.00pm

0 Kudos
Mikematt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ridiculous 

0 Kudos
Nghi
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

The replays are also being broadcast on our website and Apps. If you had a full-size Yes TV by Fetch box then you can do a recording onto the internal hard-drive.

0 Kudos