cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Calvinjtay
New Contributor

Chromecast

anyone know what can be done to connect iOS Optus sport apps to chromecast/ps4?0

0 Kudos
41 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: Chromecast

Hiya, no Chromecast support currently. We are working on adding more media streaming devices/smart TVs, this will occur some time after the season has started though 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor Mancity1
Contributor

Get real Optus, we all know ur playing for time. Just how many $30  SIM customers you picked up since EPL ? Hang on too long and mlght just find your numbers will drop off rapidly,  I for one. Most of us already believe we a paying too much when most of us have 50 inch + and are subjected to watching on a 9-12 inch tablet. Only afree Fetch box will get you out of this one, if not go chromecast.

Moderator Aman_B

Hey @Mancity1, we're working on Chrome Cast and it will be available soon, sorry don't have an ETA yet.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor Mancity1
Contributor

Wont be waiting long I tell you. Watching on a tablet is like sitting on the back row of the top deck at Etiad.  All this stuffing around and greed is only selling EPl short as many guys are ready to take to the Championship on the real TV.

From my observation of another 2 games tonight I am afraid foxtel has Optus well beaten in all aspects of TV Sport. In tonights big one at Emirates just about to go to a player interview and guess what, got blank screen telling me "Playback error" . Yes the interiew came later after a lot of stuffing around. We are paying $360 a year for this shite...dont think so.

Contributor Mancity1
Contributor

Just keep up the big whinge Cal. Maybe we all resign and tell them to contct us when C/C becomes available.

Moderator Aman_B

Sorry we don't have an ETA yet but the team is working hard to release it soon

0 Kudos
Contributor Mancity1
Contributor

What about the other answers I asked questions  about Aman ?

1  My PC froze every 3-4 secs making using my laptop impossible. Any idea why this should happen as it is perfect on foxtel go.

2  Tuned in to my SIM account but would not authenticate my pw. Had to return to my Iprimus account to get started using up valuable data already covered by Optus SIM.

3  Good picture finally,  but over both nights have lost all picture + sound 5 times, followed by  "playback error" msg. Then everthing has to be set up again. Never happens with foxtel.

Appreciate any feedback.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

We had some issues with the stream causing the Play back error. Our team is working on it so that it doesn't happen again. Sorry not too sure about the PC freeze issue as this can happen due to a number of reasons, I'd recommend restarting your PC and also clearing your browser history. With regards to your SIM account could you please confirm if you're referring to the Optus Sport password on the mobile? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mooch
Occasional Contributor

Any word on that Chromecast support?

FWIW You can cast your whole screen using the Cast app (on Android at least) but you lose a lot of quality. We really need a proper Chromecast app.

0 Kudos