cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

dannycrane
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Buffering problems whilst Chromescasting

Hi,

I have been waiting for a solution my problem since May however it all appears too hard for the "Optus technical team" who are working to fix my problem.

I have a Samsung A71 5G and up until May of this year did not have a buffering issue.

I have removed and reinstalled both Optus sport App and Google Home (chromecast)

I have tried changing quality of broadcast to medium.

I have changed Chromecast settings.

Tried using other devices, other phone, tablet and laptop and other TV's

None of the above has helped. Continual buffering but not the adverts.

I am able to watch the games on my phone so it is a conflict between the optus app and chromecast. As mentioned started in May just after Optus did an upgrade to their app.

I am able to use chromecast for Netflix, Prime, Britbox and Disney without a problem.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me ?

Optus do not get back to me and i would prefer an honest answer from them not their automated messages, if the cannot offer a solution please be up front so i can make an informed decision on whether to continue using Optus sport.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Buffering problems whilst Chromescasting

@dannycrane  The Optus Reps will more than likely tell you to through the procedure.

Have you enabled the 50MHZ option in the Chromecast Settings?

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @dannycrane, apologies if you haven`t received any update in regards to your in app support case. I would recommend to to contact Optus Sport via Social media by sending a → private message to Optus on Facebook or a → direct message on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@KartikaIt is normal procedure that Optus do not follow up issues from my experience and if the issues are not simple then there is a very high (90+%) chance that there is no followup.

0 Kudos
dannycrane
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Many Thanks for your suggestion, cant find on Google home app where to change the MHZ ?
0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@dannycrane  When I log into Home App,
My Device is called TV
Touch TV icon
Next Screen Touch Gear Icon (Settings)
Next Screen is TV settings

Under Sub Menu "Device Features" Touch Video
Next Screen Video  has the 50HZ HDMI Mode option for my setup.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
dannycrane
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Many Thanks for your help. I ended up getting the newer Google Tv Chromecast and it worked, able to watch without buffering (touch wood) at the moment. Once again thanks. Maybe the "technicians" at Optus should take note.

0 Kudos