Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Hausen
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Being billed for silverlight when watching optus Sport on phone

After lengthy discussions back and forth it was explained that silverlight was not billed,  the excessive data I was using was charged as general browsing. I asked them to find times and dates when my usage spiked and they just happened to coincide with premier league matches. 

While optus will swear black and blue that it had nothing to do with optus Sport app when I checked data use I noticed I used 5gig in background data.  I have since switched background data off from the app and haven't noticed any excessive usage since. 

They have reimbursed me for the excessive charges but most likely due to me hassling them rather than admitting there may be a problem at their end. 

Hope this helps 

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Lilscot84 Would you be able to PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB? I'll look into this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jink14
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having exact same issue now.

I've been charged for watching data free EPL.

Before I got over my data limit, I was monitoring how much I have used for silverlight and it was about 4-5GB.

I should have screenshotted everything so that I can give them as evidence.

So when I received my bill, I have talked to one of optus staff via live chat asking why I am charged for extra 2GB and they told me that I have used all my data for other serivces and EPL data is not counted.

When I see my detail of previous bill usage, it shows that I have used about 20% of my data for silverlight and my total data including extra 2GB is 23.5GB.

That comes to at least 4.7GB usage on silverlight.

I asked for detail breakdown of my data usage and they told that they will but I never received it..

Do I always have to complain every month asking why I am charged for watching EPL?

I am not willing to pay my bill until this get sorted..

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@jink14 - Would you be able to send through your account details, full name and DOB? I'd be happy to look into this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos