Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Apple TV "Device Limit Exceeded"

Hi

This morning I tried to watch a reply of an EPL game using the Optus Sport app on my Apple TV and I got the message "Device Limit Exceeded".

To try and resolve the problem I have tried restarting the Apple TV, deleting and reinstalling the app and lastly logging into my account via my laptop and deleting one of the Apple TV devices. (For some reason there was two of them listed but I only have one Apple TV). Unfortunately none of the above worked and I am still getting the same message.

I can see that quite a few people have had the same problem over the last 18 months or so but I have not been able to find a clear answer on how to resolve it. Any suggestions?

Lastly, as much as I hate to repeat myself as I know I said this in my last post....... but isn't it time you got this stuff sorted?? Optus has had the EPL for over 18 months now and yet the app for Apple TV still has glitches and errors on a regular basis. To be honest I can't think of another app on my Apple TV that has had anywhere near this number of technical problems, if any at all.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Apple TV "Device Limit Exceeded"

Optus marketing appear to have cone up with many many innovative products. Optus it appear to have struggled to keep up. There are many processes in the Optus delivery chain that appear to rely on manual intervention. Many different systems that don't talk to each other properly. IMO this is the major cause for customer staff being able to effectively remedy the problems when things inevitable fall through the gaps.

This error hha been around for a long time now but the solution is still to contact Optus directly and request they reset your device counter on their end.

I agree the look (and actuality) is not becoming the second biggest Telco in the nation. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to add something to previous post.

Out of curiosity I thought I'd try and see what happens if I try and watch a different game. It appears that I can play all the other games available On Demand except the one I want to watch, which is the Man Utd v Liverpool game. Trying to watch this replay results in "Device Limit Exceeded" message appearing again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice Peter. There certainly does seem to be some discrepency between what services are offered and what services actually work properly. If this problem occurrs again I will be sure to contact Optus customer 'support' directly to resolve.

As I said in my 2nd post it appears this problem was only occurring on the replay of one particular game, which of course was the one I wanted to watch yesterday morning.

I managed to watch the Weekend Review show last night without any problems so perhaps the problem has passed. Thanks again for the feedback.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Thanks for the possible tip. Afaik the device exceeded limit is on the whole service not the number of simultaneous watches of an individual game.

Sounds like a one of glitch hopefully.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos