cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor riceyy
New Contributor

prepaid internet balance

hi,i use prepaid wireless internet but am unable to get my balance and expiriey date.i do not have an account number because i dont get bills because its prepaid also i dont have an optus phone, i live in the countryside so i use telstra for the coverage (i use optus to get linux on my computer)up untill a few weeks ago i got my balance from "my optus dashboard"but it dosent work anymore it goes to a page saying secure checkout.i need my data balance the same as i need my bank balance or the fuel gauge in my car.ive tried lets chat and all the other stuff to no avail.it just seem absurd the optus wont give me my balace and do it easily.can someone help me with this cos its driving me potty.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: prepaid internet balance

What phone do you have?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor riceyy
New Contributor

i use a prepaid telstra mobile,i dont have  an optus phone or account number.like i said pete its driving me mad,how can it be so hard?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, last minute late post. Agree its not good enough. 

I've taken issue with the online functionality before. 

Currently phone, livechat and online account portals all appear to be operating at a degraded level. I don't see a quick fix for that.

I can only suggest try another browser and see if that helps. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@riceyy,

In the past you'd login to your Optus.com.au/myaccount to pull up your account balance & credit expiry date? When you attempt to login you're now being directed to a secure checkout page? That doesn't sound right at all: S

Prepaid account are assigned a service number and billing account number.

Have you tried resetting your My Account password? We'll send a temporary password to the email address you'd used to register the account. I'd suggest clearing your cookies/cache before you attempt to login again.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors