Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
oz1siiam
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

how to convert cable consumer account to busines

How do I do this as the forms do not have room to do so?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: how to convert cable consumer account to busines

Hey @oz1siiam, I can see that Marie has replied back to thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Adding-an-ABN-to-your-Account/m-p/371327#M49046. I thought I'd jump in and offer a little more insight. The online form can only be used for certain types of services (it depends on the system that the service is actually held in).

For cable customers wanting to change the market segment their account falls under, you'd need to contact us via phone → 133937 or live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb

We'll ask for the name of the business and the ABN. We'll enter your first and surname into the first name field and the business name & ABN into the last name field. 

If you're still having trouble, feel free to PM us with your details and we'll get back to you. Keep in mind that we mightn't be able to respond right away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
oz1siiam
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

is there a intranet page or refernece I can givew to someone about this?

as  I was just told that only Residential use only is offered on cable. I did refernece this post as well as your own bsueinsss page of the web site. Or rather where can I complain too?

http://www.optus.com.au/business/broadband-internet/office/plans?category=80Office24M&SID=smb:home:p...

which states:

Our $80 Office Plan offers flexible calling packs and a premium Wi-Fi modem. Support your business with an nbn™, ADSL or cable office internet plan, plus Premium Support.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
oz1siiam
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,  I tried to PM you. It said that I had reached my limit of messages.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Which department advised you of that @oz2siiam? In the past Optus Cable was only available for residential customers. The business rules changed back in 2014. We now allow SMB customers to sign up to Optus Cable. I've actually sent you a PM from my end. Are you able to check your inbox and see if that's flown through to your end? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy