Searching...

email recovery

krt

hi - while trying to coordinate an opera mail service on my laptop pc by deleting multiple emails on the optuswebmail (to make sure I don't block it up)  I have accidently hit the permanently delete button instead of the trash one.  wanting to know if somewhere in the optus main server they can recover what i deleted this afternoon.  am hoping they have a back up for things like this as i have emails i needed to have!  help please.

Re: email recovery

Yeldarb

Unfortunately if you delete them permanently via webmail they would be gone forever.

petergdownload

For really critical ones you could possibly contact the sender / recipient and ask them to forward their copy to you?

I suspect your emails may well be gone but fingers crossed maybe someone can recover them.

Peter Gillespie

krt

crap!  it's what i suspected....thanks for the quick reply. 

krt

thanks - was hoping for better news but suspected this may be the case! 

petergdownload

Not a done deal. Possibly just need to find the right department. I did the same on a Gmail account a long while ago and they were able to recover them.

Tip going forward you can set up a free Gmail account that automatically backs up any other email account.

Highlighted

krt

will get onto it tomorrow when operating hours are open.  hopefully a result.  may have to check in with you again this week if all goes ok.  i have a gmail account - will need advice on how to do the backup thing you suggested.  cheers!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
2 Kudos