cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Nee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Warranty Replacement Phone Needs to be Sent Away - Proof of Purchase

Hi all - hopefully someone can help me. 

Just before Christmas I had to send my handset away for a warranty claim. I was given a refurbished phone which has malfunctioned and needs to be sent away too. 

I've tried contacting optus via live chat today to get some kind of letter from them saying the phone was replaced with the new IMEI as the original proof of purchase will no longer be valid, but they tried to transfer me to someone else and the chat eventually timed out. 

If I take the phone into the optus store today with my original proof of purchase and the BASC number from the last warranty claim, will this be enough? 

TIA

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Warranty Replacement Phone Needs to be Sent Away - Proof of Purchase

It shouldn't be a problem. Optus should be able to clearly see in their records you've previously sent your phone away and that it was replaced

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own