Searching...

Voicemail change

Dogsa

I got to my office this morning and there was a 'Missed call' message written on my screen desk telephone screen. The usual access is *96. Up until this morning that has always worked. Now when I press *96 I get a recorded message saying that I have to enter my full phone number then press #. I do that and get told I have entered an invalid number. Why did Optus change this?

Re: Voicemail change

Yeldarb

You sure it wasn't *69 ?

Dogsa

*96. I have been doing it for a year and it has worked. Overnight they've changed it and the message that comes back tells me I have entered and incorrect number !?!?!? I run my own small business and this is crucial for me.

Dogsa

What I mean is that when I enter my full phone number and press # - as the new voicemail instruction says to - the response I get is that I have entered an incorrect number. Nuts.

Yeldarb

Don't know why they would ask for your full number. Did you try the *69 as a quick search suggests its been that number for many years. Maybe there was 2 numbers or a different one for business plans.

Dogsa

Yes, and it said I have an anonymous call and that person can't be called back. But I have also rung my office number from my mobile and there is no longer any possibility to leave a message. It rings ad infinitem. In addition I have tried checking my office messages from my personal mobile phone and when I enter my office phone number in full as the instruction says I am told I have invented an invalid number.

Yeldarb

Hmm sounds like they have changed many things. You might have to contact business support or wait till an Optus staff member picks up this post.

Highlighted

Dogsa

Yep. Cheers.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos