cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor MandyT
Occasional Contributor

Re: Trying to speak to Optus customer service!!

Im sorry. Optus does not provide customer support. THeir service is non-existent. They do not value their customers and never will. Please go elsewhere to conduct your business. Get out now while you still can. After 20 years, I am removing all my business from Optus. There is no hope. Good luck.

Occasional Contributor Dh75
Occasional Contributor

Spot on Mandy. I've tried to get Optus to respond only to have esteemed contributers try and shut me down for expressing my frustration. Contributors may tell me what they think they know but only an Optus employee can tell me what I want to know. I think these contributors have shares in Optus or discounted services or something. The only response I got from optus was to tell me they were there and watching customer contributors do the job we are paying optus to do, then they went silent again. No Optus customer service or support. And when we end up turning to internet for customer support, Optus wants to talk to people through private message so no one else can see what's going on

Occasional Contributor MandyT
Occasional Contributor

This online community is absolutely useless.

0 Kudos
New Contributor dlake
New Contributor

I am forced to agree with this statement. It's a brave new world at Optus. Quite clearly nobody on their team has actually tried to contact Optus like a customer would. The endless looping, referring back to the website, impossibility to talk to a human, inadequate and misleading website and the vapid Live Chat responses all imply a 'service' team divorced from reality!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor opptussux
New Contributor

https://www.tio.com.au/ Here is the ombudsman complaint line. I have experienced the same ridiculous problem (the irony of not being able to communicate with a communications giant ???) We all have to complain if we want something done  It diesnt take long to submit a complaint. Maybe if enough of us do it we can create aq change. Good Luck

0 Kudos
New Contributor opptussux
New Contributor

https://www.tio.com.au/ Here is the ombudsman complaint line. I have experienced the same ridiculous problem (the irony of not being able to communicate with a communications giant ???) We all have to complain if we want something done  It diesnt take long to submit a complaint. Maybe if enough of us do it we can create aq change. Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor TED99
Occasional Contributor

For the past 6 months I have had heaps of trouble contacting  Optus.   One hour  plus wait but then get cut off while waiting.  Cant ge ty on to the chat line. Its great if you dail the number for a nrw connection  you get straight through. 

Optus  notgood enough If you want me to renew my contract you had better  get your act together.

Its a lot cheaper to keep existing cus than to get new ones

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us - you may need to try a different browser or check if your anti-virus software is blocking it.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ANTI-TELCO
New Contributor

Optus staff, management and leadership are the biggest losers in the universe.  They promise the world and offer nothing.  You make a complaint - they dont care.  You post on Facebook and oh yes, somebody will "reach out to you", but they dont. Hours spent on many phone calls, online chats, visits to two Optus stores and still the NBN is not sorted.  The word FOOLS is nowhere near enough to describe these people.  I have never dealt with such a bunch of losers as I have with Optus. They never call when promised, you wait for long periods on the phone and the operators in the online chat forum have no clue. OPTUS STAFF AND LEADERS ARE NOTHING SHORT OF PATHETIC AND THEY STILL THINK THEIR GREAT!

0 Kudos
New Contributor CarlP
New Contributor

I have tried to contact via chat but the service never works. Optus remains uncontactable!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors